The information on this page will help you learn more about the services and support available to international postgraduate researchers (PGRs) at the University of Huddersfield.

If you are unfamiliar with UK Higher Education the UK Council for International Student Affairs website can provide some valuable insights into what it is like to study in the UK.

International Office

The University’s International Office provides support and guidance for students on a wide range of topics including applications, fees, international PGR support, scholarships and accommodation.

The Academic English Centre

The Academic English Centre supports postgraduate researchers and helps them improve and develop their academic English and study skills.


Visa regulations are applicable to international PGRs applying to study in the UK. Learn what's the right type of visa in your circumstances.


There are plenty of choices for postgraduate researcher accommodation in Huddersfield. Find out what your options are.

Living in Huddersfield

Get to know the local charms of Huddersfield and the surrounding area and find out about things to do and places to see.

More information

More detailed information for current international PGRs can be found on our 'Support for current postgraduate researchers' webpages under the 'Support for international PGRs' tab, or view the International Office webpages.