firstname.lastname@example.org | 01484 473807
Jay Payne is A lecturer in Animation & Motion Graphics and joined the University in November 2010. He has a professional background in Technical Illustration, Graphic Design and Prop Making. Born in Huddersfield, he now lives in the Halifax area. As a practitioner he has collaborated with musicians to create motion graphics works; with theatre companies to make avant-garde theatrical props; and has a professional practice creating 3d models and animations.
Research and Scholarship
- Investigating software tools & developments for animators and Motion Artists.
- Technical support for Digital Artists.
- Research support for 3d Modelling, VFX Supporting animators, photographers and contemporary artists.
- An interest in experimental film making, animation and the moving image.
- Visual experimentation based around the notion of the sketchbook and how it translates to motion based art forms.
Publications and Other Research Outputs
Payne, J (2014) 3d Classics Promo [Video]
Payne, J (2014) Extatic Drift [Video]
Payne, J (2014) Clockwork Cities [Video]
Payne, J (2014) Spirals [Video]
Payne, J (2013) With small hands waving [Video]
Payne, J (2010) Remnant [Video]
Payne, J (2010) Invisible [Video]
- Professional Animator supported by Animated Yorkshire
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- 3dclassics on turbosquid.com - Seasoned Artist & Diamond Seller
Teaching and Professional Activities
- Year 1 Studio Tutor
- Year 1 and Year 2 Animation and Motion Graphics BA(Hons) tutor
- Year 2 Intermediate Studio Support
- Final Year Advanced Studio Practice and Dissertation Support
- Workshop support for outreach animation events
- Technical Liaison for Animation & Motion graphics course