Ms Tracy Barker-Pottinger
email@example.com | 01484 472817
Senior Lecturer in Health and Community Studies / Health and Community Development - 2009 to present. Previous work experience includes; RN; RHV; Project manager for the Commission for Health Improvement; Senior Lecturer at the University of Huddersfield (1996 - 2001) and at Thames Valley University (2001 - 2002).
Research and Scholarship
Currently studying for a PhD in 'Food poverty and food bank use in the UK'.
- Food poverty / food insecurity
- Community Development
- Social Return on Investment
- Social Enterprise
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy - 2011
- Unltd Awardee - 2010
Member of the Social Enterprise Unit which has undertaken a number of evaluations of community based organisations.
- Course Leader BSc (Hons) Health and Community Studies
- Course Leader BSc (Hons) Health and Community Development
- Admissions Tutor
Teaching and Professional Activities
- Module Leader for the honours level module - 'Towards an Understanding of Health and Social Care Policy'.
- Module teacher on the foundation level module - 'Professional Development'.