Senior Technician (Manager of Resources), Drama Theatre & Performance Huddersfield University Drama Department
- manage both the technical department & Building in Huddersfield
- Develop H&S & departmental policy
- Hold & operate the Premises Licence
- Ensure the smooth and effective running of the Milton Building for students, staff and visiting theatre companies.
- To manage and maintain the Division of Dramas complex of three theatre studios and related facilities.
- To ensure the provision of appropriate technical support for the teaching and performance work of staff and students.
- To develop and implement safe, professional working practices throughout the building in conjunction with the University H&S personnel.
- To implement and manage effective systems for the booking of Milton Building resources by students, staff, and external parties.
- To oversee Front of House operations for public performances.
- Head of Maintenance and Technical Operations: Wookey Hole Caves & Mill
- Building & Technical Services Manager: The Drum, Birmingham
- Company & Production Manager: Roundabout TIE Company, Nottingham Playhouse
- Set & Lighting Designer - Society of Asian Artists
- Stage Manager - Belgrade TIE
- Technician - Midlands Arts Centre
- Stage Manager - Theatr Clwyd, Mold
- Stage Manager - Cannon Hill Puppet Theatre, Midlands Arts Centre
- Technical DSM - City of Birmingham Touring Opera
- Workshop Leader - Stevenage Community Arts
- Technical/Production Manager - MASQUE Community Theatre, Stevenage BC
- ASM & DSM - Century Theatre, Keswick
- Acting Extra - Royal Lyceum, Edinburgh
- Resident Technical Manager - Netherbow Arts Centre, Edinburgh
- Quality Control Chemist - Scottish & Newcastle Breweries
Researching Victorian Stage illusions especially the Dircksian Phantasmagoria & Peppers Ghost
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & OTHER POSITIONS
- Fellow Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA)
- Member Institute of Science & Technology (MIScT)
- Former Councillor on Sandwell MBC
Social inclusion scrutiny committee
Former Leader and Deputy Leader - CAT
Youth and Cultural Services Cabinet Advisory team
Member of the select committee on Community Cohesion
Employment Appeals Panel
- Former Member - Board Member New Perspectives Theatre Company
- Former Chairman - Magdala Opera Company, Nottingham
- Former Member - Member Police Consultative Committee
Former Member - Member West Midlands Forum Planning Committee