firstname.lastname@example.org | 01484 473034
Sue is based in the Careers and Employability Service and is the Careers Adviser currently working with the Business School, with a specific remit for Teaching and Learning activities. Sue began her career as a school teacher with a degree in Education and subsequently trained to be a Careers Adviser, completing the PG Dip in Career Guidance accredited by the Institute of Career Guidance. She has since completed a Masters in Higher Education Practice and is currently undertaking a Doctorate in Education.
- BA(Hons) Education - Leeds Metropolitan University
- Post-graduate Certificate in Guidance incorporating Qualification in Career Guidance University of Huddersfield
- MA in Higher Education Practice University of Huddersfield
- EdD ongoing University of Huddersfield
- Train the Trainer AGCAS
- Qualified Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- British Psychological Society Certificate of Occupational Testing Level A
Research and Scholarship
- Career Mentoring
- Career paths of Career professionals working in higher education
Publications and Other Research Outputs
Spence, S. and Hyams-Ssekasi, D. (2015) ‘Developing business students' employability skills though working in partnership with a local business to deliver an undergraduate mentoring
Higher Education, Skills and Work Based Learning
, 5 (3), pp. 299-314. ISSN 2042-3896
Spence, S (2014) ‘Employability and engagement key to graduate success’.
In: When IAG grow up.... London, UK: NUS.
- Director of AGCAS, the professional association for higher education careers professionals, with a specific remit for the strategic direction of professional development, including training and events.
- Nominated by students for a Thank You award in 2014.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy since 2010
- Fellow of the Institute of Lifelong Learning at the University of Warwick
- Accredited trainer for AGCAS on postgraduate professional qualifications
- Member of the National Occupational Standards Working Group for the Career Development Institute