Mrs Roselyn Masamha
email@example.com | 01484 471868
- Senior Lecturer in Learning Disabilities Nursing - University of Huddersfield, since September 2013.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Forensic Autism Services – patient case formulations and development of multi-disciplinary care packages, rehabilitation of offenders detained under the Mental Health Act, clinical supervison of staff,service regulation and compliance.
- Hospital Head of Training Department- induction training, staff development,e-learning development, patient involvement in training, development of learning disabilities awareness programmes.
- Lecturer Practitioner in Learning Disabilities Nursing - University of Leeds - interface between higher education institutes and practice environments, transfer and application of theory into practice.
- Lecturer Practitioner in Learning Disabilities Nursing – University of Hull – curriculum development, Continuing Professional Development for service staff and supporting learning in practice for student nurses.
- Clinical Team Leader, Medium Secure Male Forensic Services – admissions, assessment and treatment, discharge planning, tribunals, Care Programme Approach co-ordinator.
- Clinical Team Leader, Low Secure Women's Forensic Services – therapy group facilitation, rehabilitation of maladaptive behaviours, social inclusion, manpower management.
- Staff Nurse in Multiple and Profound Learning Disabilities – supporting residents with activities of living, tissue viability link nurse.
Research and Scholarship
I am currently undertaking a Doctorate in Education and my research will be exploring the impact of competing perspectives in teaching and learning for international students undertaking nurse training in the UK. Other research interests include:
- The role of education in empowering disadvantaged groups
- Forensic Learning Disabilities
- Identities in Clinical Education
Clinical advisor to Yorkshire and Humber Learning Disability Commissioner Reviews into patient placements.
Research Degree Supervision
- Mental Health Law and offending behaviour in Learning Disabilities
- Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Admissions tutor for the BSc(Hons) Learning Disability Nursing programme.
- Systems training co-ordination for students going on placement.
Teaching and Professional Activities
- BSc(Hons) Learning Disability Nursing
- MSc in Nursing
- Interprofessional Working
- Professional Development and Research 1
- Complex Care Needs
- Mentor updates for practitioners in student placement areas
- Auditing of practice learning environments
- Open Days
- Schools and colleges liaison
- Pastoral Support