Dr Hongyu Li
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01745535116
- 09/2016- present, Research Assistant in Ultra-precision Surfaces, Huddersfield University, UK
- 04/2015-08/2016, Post-Doctoral Research, Glyndwr University, UK
- 12/2013-04/2015, Associate Professor, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- 04/2004-12/2013, Lecture, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Development on an automation system combining an industrial robot with a CNC polishing machine. The scope of this project is to deliver a fully-automated, integrated system to enhance industrial mass ultra-precision manufacture.
- Developed a process-chain for the manufacture of the mirror segments for the European Extremely Large Telescope (E-ELT) using the 'Precessions' polishing technique.
- Completed CAD and FEA of a light-weighted 1m-class Zerodur mirror and its support system design
- CNC-polished several parts up to 0.5 meter diameter, spherical, aspheric and flat, in Zerodur, BK7, ZnS, fused silica.
- Analogue electronics design and implementation for a Biased Charge Collector
Publications and Other Research Outputs
Yu, G., Walker, D., Li, H., Zheng, X. and Beaucamp, A. (2017) ‘Research on edge-control methods in CNC polishing’
Journal of the European Optical Society-Rapid Publications
, 13 (24). ISSN 1990-2573
Walker, D., Yu, G., Li, H., Reynolds, C. and Bibby, M. (2016) ‘Closing the Metrology Process Loop in CNC Polishing’
SPIE - International Society for Optical Engineering. Proceedings
, 10009. ISSN 0277-786X