Mrs Lorraine Horton Smith
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01484 473528
- 2017 Lecturer - University of Huddersfield.
- 2014-2016 Lecturer Practitioner - University of Huddersfield/Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.
- 2009-2014 Operating Department Practitioner - Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a registered Operating Department Practitioner with the Health Care Professions Council, and a member of the Association for Perioperative Practice
- MSc in Health Studies (Health Professional Education: Teaching).
- BSc(Hons) in Perioperative Studies
Research and Scholarship
My current research interests include the effect of stress and anxiety on health care professional students undertaking objective simulated clinical assessments, and also the effects of the use of tourniquets during orthopaedic surgery.
2016 Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Research Degree Supervision
I am involved in the supervision of undergraduate students within the perioperative field.
Teaching and Professional Activities
I currently teach:
- Principles of Perioperative Practice (HFO2004)
- Development of Clinical and Professional Perioperative Practice (HIO2004)
- Development of Advanced Perioperative Practice for Operating Department Practice (HHO2000)
- Managing Enhanced and Complex Perioperative Practice (HHO2001)