Dr Gillian Hawksworth
email@example.com | 01484 471884
Dr Gill Hawksworth MBE first registered as a pharmacist in 1974. Since then she has held a number of posts and positions:
- FRPharmS (Fellowship for the profession of pharmacy and for the practice of pharmacy) 1997
- Member of RPSGB Council 1992-1998, 1999 to 2000
- Vice President of RPSGB 2001 to 2003
- PRESIDENT of RPSGB 2003 to 2004
- RPS West Yorkshire Local Practice Forum Lead since 2009
- Member of College of Pharmacy Practice (MCPP) by exam (Governor since 2005 Hon Fellow 2006)
- Member of UKCPA (Chair of community pharmacy group and Trustee since 2007)
- Royal Society for Public Health Fellow (FRSPH since 2003)
- Faculty of public health (associate membership)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy since 2010
- BPSA ambassador since 2013
- Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education local tutor Kirklees, Calderdale, areas since 1991.
- Independent proprietor community pharmacist, Mirfield, West Yorkshire 1986 - 2002.
- Independent locum community pharmacist since 2002.
- Academic community pharmacist University of Bradford 2005 to 2009, University of Huddersfield from 2009
- Appointed member of Chemistry, Pharmacy and Standards Expert Advisory Group (Commission on Human Medicines)-MHRA from 2006
- PCT Clinical champion for obesity-Darzi review Northern and Yorkshire region (Staying healthy group) 2007-2008
- PCT clinical lead for obesity 2008 (PCT lead on establishing Change4life in secondary schools)
- Appointed member of RPS pharmaceutical science expert advisory panel from 2010
- Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire(CPWY) Healthy Living Pharmacy Steering group since 2012
- Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire (CPWY) development academy steering group member since 2013
- Appointed member of Royal Pharmaceutical Society Faculty board
- Awarded Royal Pharmaceutical Society Faculty Fellowship (2013)
- Appointed Chair of RPS Panel of Fellows (2015)
Dr Hawksworth has been the recipient of a number of prestigious awards:
- Winner of Evans Medical clinical pharmacy research fellowship 1991
- Winner of a Sir Hugh Linstead community pharmacy practice research fellowship 1991 and 1992
- Department of Health Enterprise Scheme Award 1995-1996
- Winner of Schering Award 1999 (for outstanding contribution to Pharmacy Practice)
- Winner of local NHS Champions Award 2001
- Appointed MBE for services to pharmacy in Mirfield 2002
- Appointed Honorary Doctor of Science, University of Bradford 2005
- Winner of RPSGB innovation award 2009.
- Winner of RPSGB Gold Charter Medal 2010
Research and Scholarship
Areas of research interest include Community Pharmacy development,Clinical interventions.Concordance,Pharmaceutical education.Public health,Post graduate development of the profession of Pharmacy.