The University of Huddersfield is passionate about equality and diversity and participates in 'Every Researcher Counts' to improve equality and diversity for researchers within higher education.
In support of this important national initiative the University has taken the following steps:
- We have appointed a senior manager to participate in the national network of equality and diversity champions
- We help create resources and case studies for staff developers to embed in training materials
- We help disseminate resources and case studies at national and regional events
The University's commitment and progress are reviewed as part of our implementation plan for the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers. Our work will complement that of the national initiative by:
- ensuring that equality and diversity in relation to research staff is understood, visible and prioritised
- training staff who are informed and experienced in equality and diversity for research staff
- providing mechanisms to share good practice and increase the knowledge base on equality and diversity provision for research staff
- increasing the knowledge, expertise and capacity of trainers and developers working with research staff
- building capacity within the University through providing high quality targeted resources relating to equality and diversity for research staff
The University of Huddersfield was notified of achieving Bronze Athena SWAN status in 2015.
Equality Challenge Unit - promoting equality and diversity in higher education.