UoA 11 - Computer Science and Informatics
The Unit’s research at The University of Huddersfield is centred in the Department of Computer Science within the School of Computing and Engineering
Computer Science research is organised in several groupings:
- Planning, Autonomy and Representation of Knowledge - with specialisms in Automated Planning and Semantic Web.
- Visual and Immersive Computing - with specialisms in real-time CCTV analysis, augmented reality and machine vision for smart factory automation.
- Cyber Security - with specialisms in applying AI techniques to intrusion detection and access control.
- Industrial Analytics - with specialisms in IoT and Cloud Architectures, and strong links to CERN.
- Mathematics and Data Science – this is a joint venture with Engineering and Technology to support mathematical research and teaching within the School of Computing and Engineering.
- Technology Acceptance and Mobile Learning